inpro

Mark Fraser kubuntu at mfraz74.orangehome.co.uk
Wed Dec 19 16:45:34 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 18 December 2007 15:50:34 José Gómez-Dans wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday 18 December 2007 15:06:39 Mark Fraser wrote:
> > The only way I can connect at the moment is to manually input a known
> > network SSID and password (if any) into knetworkmanager and then it'll
> > connect. I've also found that it will then find other wireless networks.
>
> It is working now, but weird... I have disabled the interface on
> knetworkmanager, and then then I can use iwlist wlan0 scan to see the
> available networks. Could this be a knetworkmanager problem? I have it in
> manual configuration for ethernet connections (I use dhcp at home, and have
> a fixed IP at work). In /etc/network/interfaces, I only have auto lo, but
> no auto wlan0 before my wlan0 line....

I've now got it working with KNetworkmanager by using the latest driver,
except that it doesn't automatically connect on startup and I have to
manually select the required network from the menu. Also, is there any way of
getting it to automatically turn the wi-fi button at the front of my laptop
on?