user switching does not work in Kubuntu 7.10

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 02:13:27 UTC 2007

On Saturday 15 December 2007 10:07:27 am Andrew Jarrett wrote:
> On Dec 15, 2007 9:40 AM, Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:
> > Howard Coles Jr. wrote:
> > > F8 actually (for the second X user), unless you want a third user.
> >
> > No, I really meant f9.  I have never (iirc) had F8 for the second user
> > with Ubuntu, as it has always had boot messages.
> > --
> > derek
>
> Its F9 for my computer too.  Not sure why, but I guess it has
> something to do with the xserver.
>
> Andrew

Hmmmm. . . That's odd the last time my wife logged on as a second user X
session it went to 8 (which I thought was standard anyway).

However, I have had X sessions lock up, and run the processor to 100%, and
after [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Backspace] to restart it the session went to 9 as though
I were a second user.

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.