user switching does not work in Kubuntu 7.10

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Fri Dec 14 13:51:38 UTC 2007

Edmund Laugasson wrote:

> Hi!
>
> When I use fast user switching in Kubuntu 7.10, then screen will be just
> blank and keyboard is almost dead - only NUMLOCK and CAPSLOCK still
> working. The only way is to do reset :(
>
> I use Kubuntu 7.10 with all updates done. In Kubuntu 6.06.1 LTS it
> worked...

It works for me...

> Does anybody have any glue, how to find out, what's wrong?

clue :-)

Have you tried ctrl-alt-F1, etc (generally, the new user should be on
ctrl-alt-F9)?  If they don't work, is it possible to ssh into the box?
I've had situations where the keyboard _does_ appear locked (though usually
even capslock doesn't work then) but you can still connect via ssh and do
some investigation.
--
derek