frontpage alternative

Andrew Jarrett jarrett.andrew at
Tue Dec 11 20:31:04 GMT 2007

On Dec 11, 2007 11:38 AM, Brendan <mailinglist at> wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 December 2007, Andrew Jarrett wrote:

> > > Not sure what that has to do with anything, especially since it's wrong.
> > > BTW, been around since Slack on floppies, and since then it's been "The
> > > right tool for the job", not "We tend to go overboard".
> >
> > Wouldn't you say that emacs is a little "overboard"?  Have you ever
> > noticed it has games, usenet integration, a mail reader, a
> > "psychiatrist" (which only pisses you off more), and other things that
> > one wouldn't expect to find in a text editor?  Emacs has been around
> Let's stick to the original poster's intent and not digress: he is a newbie.

Oh, how quickly you self-righteously blame others for something that
you started in the first place...

> No sane person would expect a newbie to use Emacs, so you're digression isn't
> even relevant.

I _never_ said he should use Emacs.  I only noted that Vim and Emacs
were good text editors if he ever learns html.  Also, you don't have
to be a genius (or even a computer scientist) to read the Emacs
tutorial (you really only need to know how to read).  If you're going
to respond to my email, then please read it first (and please try to
understand it).

> > since the dawn of time, but maybe that is what growth is about --
> > "overdoing" things and adding more features.  The modern Slackware
> > seems pretty lightweight, but I'm sure that compared to back then it
> > may seem "overboard" (i.e. does it still fit on a floppy?).  **Being
> > the right tool for the job doesn't mean you can only do one job**.  I
> Apparently, you just wanted to sound off and listen to yourself rant for
> awhile.

Obviously, I have offended you.  If you really don't like me
exercising my right to free speech, then you should have just ignored
me and not replied.  Both you and I obviously have enough self-esteem
to like voicing our opinions, so why are you acting like I'm the only
one talking?  Oh, and that definitely was _not_ a rant and I'm sorry
if you think I was personally attacking you, but my post could be no
more offensive than yours.

> Continue...I'll be over here.

And I'll be over there.

45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B2