Compiz

lanzen lanzenesi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 19:29:49 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 11 December 2007 03:18:40 David McGlone wrote:

> > Wow! Not good...works fine in Ubuntu
>
> Stew did you install emerald? I'm running compiz just fine on my kde box.
>
> try installing emerald then alt-f2 compiz --replace emerald &
>
> Also might want to check to see if 3d is enabled on your system.

Right, you've all stung my curiosity. I did try it when gutsy came out, but I
wasn't impressed. I thought beryl and feisty got along together much better
and yes compiz does work better in ubuntu.

Anyway I got it working in a few minutes. There's a weird thing, though: I
can't move me windows! I can re-size them, open them, close them, minimise
them, maximise them... the all lo except they they won't move! Glued, stuck
and nailed to the desktop!

I've looked around to no avail. I'm pretty sure this wasn't happening a couple
of months ago. What am I missing? Any hints?

--
lanzen