A GUI client for SQLite database on Kubuntu

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Dec 11 13:50:05 UTC 2007

nepal wrote:

> On Monday 10 December 2007, Derek Broughton wrote:
>> > Have a look at Kexi. It is part of the KOffice package.
>>
>> Really?
>
> Yes.
>
>> It looks to me as if it's strictly about
>> building its own databases.
>
> I don't know what you looked at.

Start Kexi - in the first place, it is called "Database Creator" in the
menu, not Database Browser (though, that in itself seems odd - what use is
a "creator" without a browser?).

It immediately comes up with the "Create Database" dialog.  If you choose
to "Open Existing Project", your only choices are kexi or Access databases
(and Access only wants to import it into a kexi database - and then fails
with a "driver not found" message.  If you try to create a new project it
will create it as a kexi database.  You may _import_ from another database,
but the only options are MySQL and PostGreSQL
--
derek