apache2 setup stuff

Wulfy wulfmann at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Dec 11 09:29:35 UTC 2007

Donn wrote:
> Stupid question time :)
>
> I never had trouble in the past, but on 7.10 I have installed apache2-docs and
> they live in /usr/share/doc/apache2-doc/ but I can't figure out how to
> *browse* them. They are full of dead ends and other languages.
>  Is there a way to access them via http://localhost ?
The way to access files on your machine from a browser window use
file:// followed by the full path (including the leading /).  So the
apache docs would be at:

file:///usr/share/doc/apache2-doc/

which will display the contents of that directory (or the file). Note
that there are three "/"s after the colon.

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo: