Compiz

Andrew Jarrett jarrett.andrew at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 20:26:25 UTC 2007

On Dec 9, 2007 9:13 AM, Stew Schneider <stew.schneider at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm probably just not Googling well, but is it possible, with the
> "cube", to have different icons on the different desktops? That is,
> could you have a desktop with icons for web design displayed, and
> another for writing, and another for whatever?
>
> Also, how to get the cube going under KDE? I hafta go to Gnome to play
> with it.
>
> stew

I don't think the whole idea with different icons on different sides
of the cube is possible.  I, too, would like to have that so if you
figure it out, let us know.

As for the cube, go into the CompizConfig Settings Manager (should be
under "Settings" in the K-menu) and make sure Desktop cube and Rotate
Cube are both enabled.  The cube is based upon how many desktops you
are currently running: i.e. I have two virtual desktops, so I have a
rotating piece of paper (2 sides).  Give that a shot and see if you
can figure it out.

Andrew

--
45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B2