webcam

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Mon Dec 10 13:31:49 UTC 2007

Michael Bach (gmx) wrote:

> Osman Kemal Kadiro?lu wrote:

>> Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0ac8:303b Z-Star Microelectronics Corp. ZC0303
>>
>> How can I use this webcam?
>>
> there is more information required. Can you please do the following:

No, really, that should be plenty.  Google for "0ac8:303b".  This link
(http://www.debiantutorials.org/content/view/149/217/) implies that you
simply haven't modprobed the spca5xx module.

What does:
# lsmod | grep spca

show?  If it's not listed,

# sudo modprobe spca5xx

and try camorama again.  Then you have two choices - either force spca5xx to
be installed at boot time (by adding it to /etc/modules) or figure out how
to write a udev rule to modprobe it when it's plugged in.  I think I can
guess which is easier (but I could be wrong - it's possible that inserting
the module when there's no device physically present won't work).
--
derek