fstab Question

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Sun Dec 9 17:37:03 UTC 2007

On Sunday 09 December 2007, Sylviane et Perry White wrote:
>  How much effort would you credit someone who tried to accomplish something
> that seems easy to you?

Lots

> How much effort should one make before he is allowed to ask for help?

A little....  at least looking at local resources to answer questiions...

man is a major factor there.

>  I second Billie in that the terminology of man doesn't always make much
> sense to me.

I would tend to agree....   but he asked a specific question
about 'nodev', 'noauto' and a few others.   The answers were right there
in 'man mount'.   Seems pretty easy to me to enter that command rather than
have a few people  feed it to him.