fstab Question

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Sat Dec 8 16:41:56 UTC 2007

On Saturday 08 December 2007, Billie Walsh wrote:
> Bruce Marshall wrote:
> > On Saturday 08 December 2007, Billie Walsh wrote:
> >> Third: Can someone explain, in simple [ noob ] terms, what the last
> >> three parameters [ nodev, noexec, and nosuid ] mean/do? At this point
> >> it's just my curiosity at work.
> >
> > man  mount
> >
> > will explain all.
>
> I'm not "man" file friendly. *<[:oD  Usually they don't make a large
> amount of sense to me. I just don't have enough background for some of
> the terminology.

<rant on>
Then don't expect us to 'teach' you when one sentence definitions of the
arguments you asked for are there to see.

One response you got fed you exactly that.

Most of us are not experts....  and I didn't know  what those arguments did
just like you.   But 'man' is the answer many times and that's where I went
to find the answer.

I guess I don't have a lot of enthusiasm to help someone who won't even take a
small step to help themselves.

<\rant off>