KMail from many platforms

Sylviane et Perry White spwhite at freesurf.ch
Sat Dec 8 12:35:32 UTC 2007

O.K. I tried Nils suggestion (partly) and it worked.

Nils said:
>  For both I changed the mailbox folder in the config
 Why change for both? I placed on those:
folders=$HOME/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail
folders=/media/sdb2/home/whiper/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail

Derek said  (and David agreed ):
> > Pointing ~/Mail to the same location should be practically harmlesss :-)
> > I'd still feel safer letting an IMAP server do that.
Not sure what danger there is but I noticed kmailrc has informations on the
sub-folders in Mail. If I added a folder in one system, the kmailrc file
would be updated there but not on the other side. That alone it potentially
frightening.

I will investigate about the  IMAP server.

Greetings		Perry