kubuntu 7.10 is really suks to install ! (al)

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Sat Dec 8 01:08:45 UTC 2007

Sylviane et Perry White wrote:
> On Friday 07 December 2007 01:17, Billie Walsh wrote:
>
>> I triple boot with three different hard drives. I have OpenSuSE 10.3, XP
>> and Kubuntu 7.10. Kubuntu was the last OS installed. Normally I
>> disconnect all the hard drives other than the one I want to use for the
>> install.
>>
> And how do you do that when the drive you want to use is not the one that has
> the MBR, boot from CD and reconnect the MBR drive for final part of install,
> i.e. update teh MBR?
>
>> I didn't this time. Kubuntu set Grub up with both OpenSuSE and
>> XP with no problems.
>>

> Greetings		Perry

I don't. I suppose each drive has it's own MBR. The bios on my machine
has a built in boot loader that I use to pick which drive I want to boot
from directly. Right now the bios is set to use hda as the default drive
[ Kubuntu ]. If I want to boot directly into XP I can choose the sdb
drive and boot directly into XP. For OpenSuSE I choose sda. OR, I can
just let it boot to hda and choose which one in Grub. If I don't make a
choice in Grub it boots Kubuntu.

If I had installed Kubuntu with the other drives disconnected I would
have to use the built in boot loader to choose. Grub wouldn't be
configured to boot anything but Kubuntu.