kubuntu 7.10 is really suks to install ! (al)

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Fri Dec 7 22:45:12 UTC 2007

On 12/07/2007 LLLActive at GMX.Net wrote:
> Thanks for the info Billie (and Martin). I will install a new system
> next week or so with XP, OpenSUSE 10.3 and Kubuntu 7.10 tripple boot
> as
> well. I will then advise the Windows converts to Kubuntu I have
> cautioned thereafter.

How are you configured?

My computer has both SATA and IDE support. Right now my OpenSuSE is on
sda. XP is on sdb. And Kubuntu is on hda. [ I want to add more but am
out of places to mount drives *<[:oD  ] My computer also has a built in
boot loader that allows me to boot any single drive outside of Grub
installed on hda. That's why I made sure that OpenSuSE and XP were
installed with the other drives disconnected. They had no idea there
were any more drives/OS's installed. Kubuntu was/is the only OS that's
aware of the other two. Kubuntu just set Grub up accordingly.

I also went for the "alternative" install DVD rather than the "Live"
DVD. I see no reason to load Kubuntu into the system just to install.
Just go straight to install.