KMail from many platforms

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Dec 6 18:39:40 UTC 2007

Sylviane et Perry White wrote:

>> It sounds like he's dual booting, since he says it's on the same machine,
>> so why not just share /home with SuSEe and kubuntu.

> That is another question I wanted to ask on the list, I can figure out
> good reasons to do that but I don't know what are the cons.

The big con is that it's unlikely both distros are every running exactly the
same version of KDE.  If one updates something config file with a value not
backwards compatible with the older version, you could be in trouble.

> I fear that both distros could write conflictings infos, and with only one
> Home I could find myself homeless if things go wrong.
> If and when I have time I may try this on a scrap computer.

Pointing ~/Mail to the same location should be practically harmlesss :-)
I'd still feel safer letting an IMAP server do that.
--
derek