3 issues, please help me

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Dec 6 13:04:22 UTC 2007

deguz wrote:

> guys!! guys!!!! I figured out how to solve the problem!! Derek gave me
> a hint... Windows for godness sake.. :S I created a partition on the
> HDD, instaleld windows, enabled via the card handler driver the card,
> then rebooted (and reinstalled GRUB...) , and started linux, and the
> wlan card worked!!!!
> So i guess, since windows vista was on the laptop when i bought it, i
> think it disabled the wlan card, and i simply formatted the HDD and
> installed linux, and i think it caused the problem.
> I have been tortured for 2 months, but finally it has been ended!!!
> WOOHOO!!! :D:D

It really shouldn't be that difficult.  There's got to be a way to turn the
wireless on without Windows. But anyway, I'm just happy it's working for
you.

> Thanks the help! Thanks Derek, David, Michael, Michael and Sotiris!
> I'm really thankful!!! Thanks guys!!!!

I might have noticed the specific thing that made it work for you, but it
was Sotiris who hunted down all those google references. Teamwork :-)
--
derek