Kooka and Epson V100.

Benjamin Fritzsche BFritzsche at gmx.de
Wed Dec 5 19:58:07 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I'm having a little trouble with my scanner.
Its an Epson V100 which needs some special (closed) drivers from avasys to
work with SANE.

Trouble is, it doesn't work with kooka, respectively kscan (like in digikam).
what I find strange, is that the scanner works just fine with iscan (from
epson) and xsane. also scanimage detects it, its only the kde sane part which
doesn't work. So I'm guessing this has more to do with kooka than with the
scanner.

The only error kooka gives me is that it can't find a scanner, and that I
should check if SANE is installed, which it is as xsane works perfectly.

Any Ideas?

thx
Benjamin