KMail from many platforms

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Wed Dec 5 18:27:04 UTC 2007

Sylviane et Perry White wrote:

> My apologies for asking a question that is not typically (K)Ubuntu.

It says "KMail" in the subject :-)

> I am using Suse 9.3  and KUbuntu feisty *on the same computer* and I would
> like to use KMail from both, with the same context, i.e. accessing the
> same Mail folder. (same whish for 2 user accounts under feisty, only with
> more restrictions, but let's go one step at a time)
>
> If anyone has an idea thanks in advance for communicating             Perry

For two users on the same computer, it's easiest to use a local IMAP server
(never mind about "offline" or "disconnected" IMAP). Install dovecot or
courier-imap and put all the folders under the server.

For what is, logically, two computers this is probably still the simplest,
but you need the server running in both instances.
--
derek