Lexmark Z645 Printer

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Mon Dec 3 01:45:59 UTC 2007

Lexmark/IBM can build some good printers. We have several Lexmark
printers at work that take a beating and keep on ticking. However, IMHO
there IS a difference in what they sell in places like Wal Mart and what
major corp's buy. I've had a couple of those Wal Mart Lexmark printers.
Neither one lasted a year, and I am NOT a heavy user. I've never had an
Epson so I can't comment from personal knowledge. BUT, I am a firm
believer in HP printers. I've got some that are close to ten years old
that would only need a new print cartridge to get back in service. They
are built like tanks as far as I am concerned. But, even with HP not
every one will work right with Linux. I had/have a PSC 1310 that I never
did get to work. But the next two All-In-Ones that I got work like a champ.