connection failing

nepal nepal.roade at virgin.net
Sat Dec 1 23:50:31 UTC 2007

I have a new installation of 7.10.

I can run a browser and browse the internet.

If I run the install programs manager and it tries to make a
connection to a mirror, the connection just fails every
time I try. I have had problems with other linux distros
and avahi (someone on another list told me of a problem
with this and some modem/routers which includes the netgear
dg632. The problem lay in names not being translated into
correct IP addresses ).

Does anyone understand what I'm talking about and can help
me fix this please?

TIA

nepal.