Edgy/Feisty setup re installs

Neil Winchurst neil at holsdev.vispa.com
Fri Aug 31 12:04:08 UTC 2007

I still have my computer running Edgy. I have set up my brother's
laptop to run Feisty, which is running well. Both with kubuntu.

Yesterday I suggested that he install the Gimp. When we tried, using
adept it asked us to insert the CD/DVD into the drive. I didn't have the
DVD with me as it happens so we will try again, but my question is
this.

I have installed many programs using adept and I have never been asked
for the CD/DVD. Is this something that is new to Feisty? I thought that
adept always installed via the internet and never needed the CD.

I would be interested to know, thanks

Neil Winchurst