Guarddog

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 10:32:01 UTC 2007

Casper Skovby wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 August 2007 01:15:15 Casper Skovby wrote:
>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm running kubuntu feisty and I've just installed the firewall
>>> Guarddog. I've got problems sending emails with thunderbird. There's no
>>> problems receiving emails. I've tried to check all protocols but it's
>>> not possible to send any emails anyway. Has anybody experienced the same
>>> problem and solved it?

have you looked at these instructions and followed them for mail?
http://www.simonzone.com/software/guarddog/manual2/using-guarddog.html#id2406324
you must of course allow smtp and if you are using gmail make sure you
allow SSL and/or TLS. I have a feeling your problem lies in the fact
that you have not allowed these protocols under "Mail".

Sinclair