Guarddog

Donatas G. dgvirtual at akl.lt
Wed Aug 29 07:56:39 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 29 August 2007 01:15:15 Casper Skovby wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running kubuntu feisty and I've just installed the firewall
> Guarddog. I've got problems sending emails with thunderbird. There's no
> problems receiving emails. I've tried to check all protocols but it's
> not possible to send any emails anyway. Has anybody experienced the same
> problem and solved it?
>
> Regards
> Casper

I prefer to use KMyFirewall - it is more transparent if you understand
iptables. I could not really understand how the Guarddog works (for example,
it seem to block incoming ports individually instead of making a general rule
with exceptions, which I think is a strange way of doing things, and tedious
to setup as well).

However, to troubleshoot your problem, could you please post here the output
of this command:

sudo iptables --list

It will output the current rules of iptables configuration, and maybe someone
will propose, if not a Guarddog fix, then a simple one-line command to fix
the problem.

--
Donatas Glodenis
http://dg.lapas.info