WengoPhone vs. Skype

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Aug 28 14:41:31 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 28 August 2007, Jonathan Kaye wrote:
>Nigel Ridley wrote:
>> Has anybody tried WengoPhone as opposed to Skype?
>> If so, what are your thoughts?
>>
>> Blessings,
>>
>> Nigel
>
>Hi Nigel,
>Given a choice between Wengo & Skype I'd choose Ekiga for both audio +
>video. For audio only, I like Twinklephone.
>Cheers,
>Jonathan

And ekiga is another that I was never able to register, presumably because
theres no US support, or verizon filtered the message to /dev/null.  Since
its competition to their landline service, that little tidbit wouldn't
surprise me a bit, they can be such asses, but the commish looks the other
way when such actions really should be cause for them to lose their common
carrier status.  Money speaks far louder than the law under this
administration.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)