WengoPhone vs. Skype

Jeff.Hodges at KingsMountain.com Jeff.Hodges at KingsMountain.com
Mon Aug 27 20:32:10 UTC 2007

I tried to use WengoPhone (downloaded binaries) on 6.10 Edgy today, but it
doesn't seem to recognize my sound setup (ALSA/Intel). It did, though,
register (via SIP) with an Asterisk-based PBX I have an account on, fwiw.

I do note that Wengo offers fee-based calling out to PSTN numbers (and SMS)
(in same range as Gizmo cost-wise), so cool, it appears to be another nominal
Skype alternative with the advantage of being open source. I'll try building
it from source later this week.

=JeffH