External NTFS USB drive automount

Stew Schneider stew.schneider at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 15:13:41 UTC 2007

Greg Booth wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, did you check the box for "Enable write support
> for external device" listed in the how to ? Did it even come up ?

Yes. It's coming up. What isn't coming up is the "The following new
partitions were detected and can be configured" dialog. Instead, we go
directly to the "Enable Write support" dialog which I checked. Of
course, with no mountpoint specified, no mounting gets done.

Real puzzling. I can, of course, reformat to VFAT, but that seems ...
well...wimpy. We should be able to do this in Feisty.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

stew