s2ram and kde-guidance-powermanager

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Sun Aug 26 15:06:09 UTC 2007

pol wrote:

> Derek Broughton wrote:
>> Unfortunately your error description is too cryptic to be able to help
>> :-)
>>
>> Can you explain what you mean by "does not resume X correctly"?
>>
>> Typically, there are three issues - either the resume doesn't work at
>> all, it works but the button used to resume is the same used to shut
>> down, and both events get processed, or the resume works entirely but the
>> screen isn't turned on again.
>
> My case must be a further one: X restarts, but the kdm login prompt is
> dispalyed, rather than the latest session, with lower resolution (bigger
> prompt) and mouse is not working.
> After entering ctrl-m to drop down the command menu and restarting X, i
> can log in again, thus opening a new session.

Well, X _shouldn't_ restart, so either it's failing on either suspend or
restart. or you actually have something configured that says to
stop/restart KDM on suspend. Probably not the latter, or I'd expect the
resolution to be the same.  Check /var/log/kdm.log and /var/log/Xorg.*.log
for errors - likely related to the mouse.  It may be as simple as having
the mouse module removed & reinserted on suspend/resume
--
derek