Desktop Hard Drive Icon...disappear

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 19:55:43 UTC 2007

 > Under kubuntu (KDE) yes, the hard works fine,
> and is showing up, when going into my home file,
> expect for the fact, the desktop icon of the hard drive is not showing up.

I have long noticed that drive icons (for anything) on the KDE desktop are
fleeting and random. I have given-up trying to predict what will happen
and when. Make yourself links to directories instead. For usb devices
that never seem to have the same /dev/sdXX name twice, just reply on
commands like mount or ls /media to inform you.

/d