Geocaching

Earl Violet ejviolet at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 25 17:04:24 BST 2007

--- Neil Winchurst <neil at holsdev.vispa.com> wrote:

> Anybody on the list go geocaching?
YES!!!

> If so, any comments or tips re
> linking the GPS receiver to a computer via Linux?
Short answer: NO!  :(
Long answer:  This was discussed in some detail on my local list,
TFUG, and the conclusion was "not too likely."  It seems the only
Windows app that there isn't a Linux counter-part for.  I was even
forgiven for using Windows on this occasion.

Debian might have some GPS (garmon) related stuff but it's been a
long time since I looked.

Earl

URL http://deserthowler.cjb.net
Instant messenger: earlcoyote