Laptop question

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Mon Aug 20 17:36:20 UTC 2007

Nigel Ridley wrote:

> Howard Coles Jr. wrote:

>> Also they get VERY hot underneath, so have something between
>> your lap and the laptop!!
>>

> Doesn't the fan kick in to keep it cool?

In my experience with different Dell's the fan kicks in to keep it within
spec.  That's a far cry from "cool" :-)  Somebody said that it was
primarily because of battery charging, but I've been working the past
weekend with the battery pulled (which you should do if you can, anyway,
because heat is the worst thing for these batteries) and it's made no
obvious difference to the temperature of my lap!
--
derek