numlock ON before logging in

adams k7qo at commspeed.net
Thu Aug 16 14:18:11 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 11:25 +0200, Paul Varjak wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm trying to have numlock ON before logging into my account. I've
> found different procedures to make it on after the login but I would
> like to do it BEFORE it. Running Kubuntu 7.04.
>
> Thanks for your help.
> Salva.

I have a solution, but it requires the purchase of a USB keyboard.
I bought one of these boards from Fry's Electronics when they were
on sale for $19.99 plus tax.  It is a BTC model 6100C.

The system comes up and all the hardware gets initialized, this keyboard
has the numlock ON.  I have to hit the caps-lock key twice to move
keyboard to normal op state to login into the system.  This means that
you will have to autologin enabled so that you won't have to enter a
password.

I'm sure someone will come up with a software solution.

FYI

Chuck Adams