help

Macario Valle macariov at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 13:28:21 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 08:07 -0500, Greg Booth wrote:
> when i open those files in windows, it didn't comes up in the right
> position
> > as it is safed before? how come? n what should i do?

This is something we have lo live with. Just copy the images and, if you
really need them to look well in Ms word format, Do the formatting in
Word.  i assume that you need to give the digital file to some one in
word format, and sure enough they will not accept anything else.
If that is not the case and you need to print them, just do the
formatting in oOO and print the doc from there.
I had the same problem with a job application recently.  It was sent to
me in word format.  In oOO it looked like c@#$%.  I ad to install word
on a qemu based windows partition to be able to work on it and then send
it back filled up.  I even asked if they had it in another format, like
pdf, and got a negative answers, and strange stares.
Kword and Aviword were no better.
This is just what we have to deal with when companies create proprietary
formats and do not fully share info with developers out there. I just
hope there is better luck with the new MS XML Opendocument format, but i
am not holding my breath.