Wrong wine install on feisty amd64?

Tim Johnson tim at johnsons-web.com
Tue Aug 14 19:45:26 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 14 August 2007, Greg Booth wrote:

> Did you ever try adding the repository directly to
> /etc/apt/sources.list instead of in a directory ? I know it's SUPPOSED
> to work, and probably does, but I just keep all my stuff in the same
> file ( backed up every time I change it )
 Hi Greg:
> Can't hurt to try right ?
  :-)
  Here's what I did:
  From /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq.list
  copied these two lines:
  deb http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt feisty main #WineHQ - Ubuntu 7.04 "Feisty Fawn"
deb-src http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt feisty main #WineHQ - Ubuntu 7.04 "Feisty Fawn"
and added them to /etc/apt/sources.list

invoked sudo apt-get update

installed via Adept Manager

I am still seeing the following error message:
"/usr/bin/wine: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot handle TLS data"
Get same message when running wine with arguments.

Thanks
tim