OpenOffice on Gutsy?

Graham large.bopper at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 14 02:17:05 UTC 2007

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 16:33:20 -0500
manchicken <manchicken at notsosoft.net> wrote:

> Just to follow up, I have verified that if you install
> openoffice.org-gnome then OOo seems to work just fine.

No, still can't it to work.....even with installing
openoffice.org-gnome.

Still, KWord reads .odt files and Kspread looks even better under
Gutsy.  So a hack around for me is to use those for saving in open
document format, though KWord doesn't "feel" right, whereas oowriter
does.

A halfway house is Abiword and Gnumeric, but I do miss OpenOffice.

I gather there are lots of people working on this, so my thanks for all
they do.

--

Graham