OpenOffice on Gutsy?

Mark Fraser kubuntu at mfraz.orangehome.co.uk
Mon Aug 13 21:13:03 UTC 2007

On Monday 13 August 2007 21:40:34 Graham wrote:
> I don't seem to be able to get OpenOffice to run under Gutsy.  I can
> see its installed in Synaptic and giving the
>
> ooffice -writer %U
>
> command through Konsole does not give any error messages, but Writer
> still does not run.
>
> Anybody got any ideas?

From the Kubuntu Tribe 4 Wiki
https://wiki.kubuntu.org/GutsyGibbon/Tribe4/Kubuntu

 Besides the new release, Kubuntu also receives a new splash screen for
OpenOffice.org that is, well blue! And to kick it up a notch, the splash
screen is the only thing that works with OpenOffice.org at the moment. Yes,
you heard right. OpenOffice.org is currently broken in Kubuntu for the time
being and it isn't an OpenOffice.org bug either. This same bug is also
causing problems with other parts of the operating system and should be fixed
shortly. So without further ado, and seeing as we try to include screenshots
of the applications running, enjoy the new splash screen in the following
image. The current workaround is to install openoffice.org-gnome.

HTH