Palm Pilot

Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri. lists at pavri.net
Sat Aug 11 15:00:04 UTC 2007

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007, Jos? Alexandre Nalon wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > I have a Palm T/X and have been trying as well to get it to sync
> > properly with Linux.  Several years ago I had a Palm IIIxe and it synced

For what it's worth:

I have an old Handspring Visor. Worked perfectly w/ everything from Rehat
9 to FC 5. Now w/ Kubuntu feisty, it just won't sync.

Looking on the web, this is what I need to do everytime.

sudo /sbin/modprobe usbserial
sudo /sbin/modprobe visor

I use Jpilot (have always used it) and the sync is successful.

I tried all sorts of stuff w/ udev but only managed to screw up my system.
After I added the required file to /etc/udev/rules.d/ I could not login at
all. It turned out that /dev/null is being created w/ 600 perms instead of
666.

So now everytime I log on, I have to go to a virtual terminal w/
ctrl-alt-f2, login, hit ctrl-c, chmod /dev/null, go back w/ ctrl-alt-f7
and then I can login to kde.

Sad state of affairs this.

Feisty has been a major disappointment. I am sorely tempted to go back to
FC or maybe Debian testing.

regards, hth,

Sharukh.
--
Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri.  			Homoeopath, Linuxer.
You know how most packages say "Open here". What is the protocol if