keyboard not working...

Avanti Khardekar avanti.khardekar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 15:45:47 UTC 2007

Hi

When you say ur keyboard is not working.. do u mean the keys take a longer
time to be pressed? Try pressing a key for about 3-5 secs and then see if
the particular letter gets typed. I once had this problem.
At times the 'Slow key' or the 'Bounce key' setting gets enabled by mistake.

Go to System settings->Accessibility->Keyboard filter->slow key settings. If
any of the key board settings have got enabled .. disable them.

If this doesnt work, a crude way to solve things is to delete some config
files related to kdm (which I am not quite sure) and the restart the system,
this gets back the original settings.

But I would suggest first check out the keyboard filter settings!

-Avanti