Palm Pilot

manchicken manchicken at notsosoft.net
Fri Aug 10 02:52:43 UTC 2007

On Thursday 09 August 2007 06:08:19 Neil Winchurst wrote:
> I have acquired a PalmOne Tungsten E2. It works fine as a hand held
> PDA. I have been trying to link it to my computer (Kubuntu Edgy). I
> linked the PDA by cable to a USB port. I tried using kpilot but it just
> does not work. I cannot connect to the PC at all.
>
> Any help, suggestions  gratefully received.
>
> Thanks
>
> Neil Winchurst

Try unloading the visor module, and using libusb.  To use libusb, just set the
device to "usb:".

I've been using libusb with my Treo 700p for a while, and it works like a
charm most of the time.  It's a little less than stable in Gutsy, but it's
only resulted in daemon crashes, never data loss.

--
~ manchicken <><
(A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nfluence with large hammer.