Missing ANSI Libraries

Greg Booth bootgr at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 14:00:37 UTC 2007

On 8/7/07, Alan Bromborsky <brombo at comcast.net> wrote:
> I am trying to inastall the program wxAstroCaputure from a .deb file.
> The program requires the libraries -
>
>     libwxbase2.8-0-ansi
>     libwxgtk2.8-0-ansi
>
> both adept and apt-get cannot find these libraries.  I have tried
> several differect archives with no luck.  Does anyone known how/where I
> can obtain these libraries?

wxGTK Debian and Ubuntu packages for 2.8.4 are available. To use them please add

    deb http://apt.tt-solutions.com/ubuntu/ dapper main

to your /etc/apt/sources.list file (you can also use edgy or feisty
instead of dapper depending on the Ubuntu release you use) and add the
public key used for signing wxWidgets packages to the list of keys
trusted by apt using the command

    curl http://www.tt-solutions.com/vz/key.asc | apt-key add -

and run apt-get update. You can then use apt-cache search --names-only
wx\*2.8 command to see the available packages.

Please notice that the packages are currently only available for x86
and amd64 architectures, please let us know if you can help with
providing them for the other platforms.

Note, I had to download the key.asc using wget then add it manually. So:

wget http://www.tt-solutions.com/vz/key.asc
sudo apt-key add ./key.asc

Afterwards I found the following in my apt-cache

libwxbase2.8-0-ansi

Greg