Problems with suspend

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 21:05:08 UTC 2007

On 06/08/07, Paul S <paulatgm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dotan Cohen said the following on 08/05/2007 06:58 PM:
>
> > before the machine powers down. How do I disable the KDE lock screen?
>
> Right click on the power manager in the panel, and select restore.  Then
> uncheck the box for lock screen on resume.  Also, if things seem frozen
> after a resume, you can also try hitting Alt-SysRq-K, which is a kernel
> system kill signal.  It kind of replaces Cntl-Alt-Backspace, when that
> doesn't work.  On my system, it will cycle me back to the login window.
>
> HTH

Thanks. I found that with KPowersave instead of Klaptop I can disable
the lock screen. However, this did not resolve my issue. The screen
stays black (lit, but black) when I resume. What else can I check?

What is the SysRq key?

Also, although hibernation works properly, it is way to slow for my
constantly moving workflow, thus I need suspend.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/
http://what-is-what.com/