Suspend resumes after 6 minutes!

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Mon Aug 6 18:56:27 UTC 2007

Hi,

After a failed upgrade from Dapper to Feisty on a laptop, I decided to
reinstall; wiping the partition en route.

When I suspend, all is fine. And, if I resume with approx. 10 mins, the
resume works as expected.

However, when I resume after 10 mins or so, the disk starts up, the fan
starts, but the monitor doesn't restart. Whether the machine is back at
this point, I'm not sure.

But, after six minutes, the machine bursts into life, and the world is
good again.

Clearly, a six minute resume is almost useless, so does anyone have any
pointers where to look to resolve this? Thanks.

(Btw, suspend was flawless on Badger and Dapper on this machine - and
Debian before than, albeit with a custom kernel.)

--
Cheers,
Marc