Compiz / Beryl on KDE?

David McGlone david.mcglone at att.net
Mon Aug 6 13:33:42 UTC 2007

On Sunday 05 August 2007 9:24:20 pm David McGlone wrote:
> On Sunday 05 August 2007 6:03:59 am Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > On 05/08/07, Pierre Hansson <316097 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Actually I have the same problems as Dotan, and unfortunantly I have no
> > > solution. What I do know is, if I create a new user and then login then
> > > it works, so for me it must be some setting that is wrong.
>
> Why don't you just do a diff of both users on all the files in /home/<user>
> and see what differences turn up.
>
> --
> David M.

go into your current home directory and do this.

$ find  .  -type f   2>/dev/null  -exec md5sum {} \; >brokencompiz.txt

this will create a file named "currentuser.txt"

then go into the other users directory and do the same thing except change the
output file name, for example

$ find  .  -type f   2>/dev/null  -exec md5sum {} \; >workingcompiz.txt

now do a diff on each file. You can use tools such as kdiff.

Or you can use dirdiff http://freshmeat.net/projects/dirdiff/ but I couldn't
help you with this as I've never used it before.

--
David M.