readable fonts

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Fri Aug 3 07:59:13 UTC 2007

Rick <cms0009 at gmail.com> writes:

> what other good (free) fonts, for clear crisp text, that I could
> install.
>
> like to hear from a few desktop publisher...

The real question is "what for?"  DTP and design fonts are very
different from screen fonts optimized for readability.

> eye are getting tired with 8 point fonts....  small laptop.

One thing that might help is to calculate the *real* DPI for that screen
and program X to respect it.  (See the xorg.conf manual page)

This *will* result in bigger fonts and, consequently, a screen that
shows less text -- but I certainly prefer having that to having
unreadable text. :)

Regards,
        Daniel
--
Digital Infrastructure Solutions -- making IT simple, stable and secure
Phone: 0401 155 707        email: contact at digital-infrastructure.com.au
                 http://digital-infrastructure.com.au/