connecting to rt2500

Tim M southern.tim at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 01:36:15 UTC 2007

On 8/2/07, Edmund Laugasson <ed.lau at mail.ee> wrote:

> > He has to depend on a wifi connection
>
> Perhaps is this wifi manager better - http://wicd.sourceforge.net/
> You could give a try. At least the homepage says:
>
> "Welcome to the home of wicd. wicd was started because of the lack of
> useful, functional wireless
> network connection managers in Linux. It is also capable of connecting to
> wired networks as an added
> bonus. For information on installing, please see below. The official
> releases are for Ubuntu, but it
> has been known to work in Debian. It may also work in other distros. wicd
> will work on any version
> of Ubuntu Dapper 6.06 and above."

Hi Edmund,

I gave it a try  and so far no luck. I will keep plugging away at it. This
is the same type of wireless card I used in several different installations
and always been able to get it working with Suse and even in Ubuntu server
for a time. I just cannot figure out what the problem is. WICD and
Knetworkmanager show no signal. I can run iwlist scan and see there is a
signal coming through. Very strange.

Tim