Beryl stopped working

Andrew Jarrett jarrett.andrew at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 14:36:25 UTC 2007

On 8/1/07, Pierre Hansson <316097 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> Ran into a strange problem (atleast I think so), have had Beryl working just
> fine for a week or two, no problems at all.
>
> Now I restarted the computer and no it isn't working
> anymore, when I try to choose Beryl it just
> falls back to Kwin,
>  I haven't made any changes at all since I got it to work.
>
> Anyone got an idea what might have happend?
>
> /phx

Did you, perchance, update the kernel before you restarted? Some video
drivers need to be recompiled after a kernel update -- this could be a
reason for the problem (beryl tries to start, but it can't use the
card so it defaults to KWin). To check if your video card driver is
installed, try "lsmod | grep fglrx" (for ati card) or "lsmod | grep
nvidia" (for Nvidia) in a console session. If this isn't the problem,
then attach your xorg.conf and also try starting beryl-manager in a
console and record any error messages.

Andrew

--
45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B2