USB flash memory

Neil Winchurst neil at holsdev.vispa.com
Wed Aug 1 11:55:45 UTC 2007

On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 07:49:54 +0200
"O. Sinclair" <o.sinclair at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would also like to mention that the only brand that has ever given me
> problems is Kingston. Not only one but several (used by staff in an
> office and myself) write corrupt more often than not, be it in Windows
> or Linux. One marked/bought as 1Gb was actually a 2Gb with half
> unpartitioned (thanks Gparted)!! But what is the point when it is near
> useless?
>
> Sinclair

Interesting. I asked about that in my local computer shop (they built
my computer for me last year) and according to them Kingston is the
best. 'The Rolls Royce' of USB memory sticks was the phrase. This is
the brand that they sell most of and which never seems to cause any
problems. Strange.

Neil Winchurst