USB on Linux

Neil Winchurst neil at holsdev.vispa.com
Wed Aug 1 11:52:26 UTC 2007

Recently I had a look at my USB ports on my computer. This computer was
built to my specs last year.

I have four ports. I used kinfocenter to look at them. Three of them
report as USB1.10.  The fourth one reports as USB2.0. Today I asked
about this in the shop and I am assured that all the USB ports should
be showing as USB2.0.

I am wondering if this is simply kubuntu (or Linux) misreading
something, or for some reason failing to recognise three of them. Can
anyone throw a little light on this please?

Thanks

Neil Winchurst