Problem with process ipw3945/0

Pascal Klein 4pascal at tpg.com.au
Thu Sep 28 09:36:57 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-28 at 11:09 +0200, Pascal Francq wrote:
> Hi,
> Since a few days, a process 'ipw3945/0' corresponding to the wireless network
> takes 90% of the use of my process. This makes my laptop slow while I do use
> wireless.
> I find some comments on the internet saying it is a bug in the driver. How can
> I disable this until the bug is corrected?
> Thanks.

Bug #48395:

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/linux-restricted-modules-2.6.15/+bug/48395

I've had this problem on my Inspiron 6400, with the same card. When this
does happen, which is rarely (thrice now in a 5 month period), I either
kill the process or restart in order to regain a workable wireless
capability.

The bug is yet unconfirmed though. :(

-Pascal