Embedded Videos Still Wont Play In Mozilla Browser

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 28 16:05:16 BST 2006

>>Hey Roger,
>>Yes, I have w32codecs, also libavcodecs(think that's
>>right) and maybe some others. Sorry, I overlooked it
>>on last reply.
>>Re: mplayerplug-in and mozilla-mplayer. I am aware
>>that mozilla-mplayer(kubuntu 3.17) provides the
>>plugin. I had it installed but mozilla didn't play
the
>>embeds. A user, maybe you as I'm all confused over
>>this issue, said he could play the embeds with
mozilla
>>using gxineplugin so I rmed mozilla-mplayer and
>>installed qxineplugin which didn't work for me and
it
>>was in the about plugins list. Kevin DeKortes, of
>>mplayer-plugin-develop fame, suggested I remove
>>mozilla-mplayer and install mplayerplug-in which is
>>not in Kubuntu distro mirrors as far as I can tell.
>>did find an rpm googling,
>>mplayerplug-in-3.30-fc5.i386.rpm and converted it to
>>deb with wajig rpmtodeb, and installed it with dpkg
>>-i, but it doesn't show up in about plugins. I can
run
>>the apt show or wajig list and it shows to be
>>installed but I can't find it with locate.
>>I will try to reinstall mozilla-mplayer eventually
but
>>I want a newer version(had v3.25 before leaving Deb)
>>to reinstall and also want to get some feedback from
>>Kevin on just what he wants me to try. I did add a
deb
>>mirror that should have gotten me a later version:
>>#Sid Debian Multimedia (packages, GPG key:
>>07DC563D1F41B907)
>>deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org sid main
>>Update gave no error for the mirror after adding the
>>key. However, apt search still shows v3.17, the
>>kubuntu  uptodate version. I'm not that familiar
>>adding the gpg key and may have an error.
>>so, that's were I stand. Of course, I'm very much
open
>>to any suggestion you might have and will try them
out
>>while waiting on Kevin.
>>Do appreciate your help,
>>

>>Leonard Chatagnier
>>lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
>>

>For if you still have the problem, try putting
symbolic links or just
>copy the plugins files into your folder
/.mozilla/plugins

>Restart the browser and check with about:plugins
because they should
be there.

> Just to clarify it; by /.mozilla/plugins folder i >
refer to the one you
> have in home; that is ~/.mozilla/plugins

Hello Eduard,

Just got this in the latest Digest, Issue 86, and
assume it's a repost.

Please pardon me for not responding to this in you
original post. However, it was done with the rpm to
deb install of mozilla-mplayer-3.30 but no joy. The
rpm to deb conversion via wajig didn't even call up
the mplayerplug-ins, only a blank screen. I have since
purged it and installed the cvs version of
mplayerplug-in-3.31 with some small success. The adds
play but not the selected videos. Although, at one
point it looked like they would play but it was
shortlived and the only thing that I did was to do an
upgrade. See my latest post on the subject:
Mozilla-Mplayer-3.25 Question, for the latest on the
issue.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net