MP3 support in openoffice.org

Steven Pasternak stevenp500 at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 26 23:43:53 UTC 2006

Rich Johnson wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 September 2006 15:46, Steven Pasternak wrote:
>
>> How do you add mp3 support to openoffice.org? I have a powerpoint that
>> uses mp3 for sound, but openoffice is silent. I already set up the
>> universe and multiverse repositories, but I couldn't find a package
>> giving ooo mpeg support. Is it even possible? Thanks!
>>

> It is indeed possible. You need to install the Java Media Framework (JMF).
> http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/
>
> There are some instructions on the OOo Forums:
> http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=26704
>
> Hope that helps, good luck, keep us informed!

I can get the jmf thing installed, but the page for the mp3 plugin
doesn't exist anymore, and after I put
export JMFHOME=/path_to/JMF-2.1.1e
export
CLASSPATH=$JMFHOME/lib/jmf.jar::$JMFHOME/lib/sound.jar:.:${CLASSPATH}
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH $JMFHOME/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

in /etc/bash.bashrc or /etc/profile, bash gives me this error:
su: export: `/usr/lib/JMF-2.1.1e/lib:': not a valid identifier

What does that mean?